Tuesday, April 28, 2009

easter recap

it’s Saturday, April 11 at 2:45pm. Leaving my family at the restaurant,
i am hurrying to our Big 25,000 Easter Egg Drop via helicopter.
at 2:54pm I cross under the Airport Highway exit and traffic comes to a dead stop.
looks like it is backed up at least a mile. Five to Ten m.p.h. and I finally reach the exit for theChurch.
must be an accident – Highway Patrol, Sheriff’s Deputies, directing traffic.
hundreds of cars. Phone rings – people parking cars at thechurch are overwhelmed.
expecting 800-1,000 people for the Egg Drop – 5,000+ show up. Worst of all my four granddaughters are behind me.
suddenly I am elated at such a great turn out and dejected that my kids won’t get there in time.
suddenly I hear a helicopter – in a flash it’s over.
by far our most amazing event ever. Our first of 4 Easter services (in 19 hours) began at 5pm.
our auditorium was jammed and children’s ministry was overflowing.
our Fremont campus had a record attendance, we had a record attendance at thechurch
as more than 7,500 people visited our campuses.
many people received Christ as Lord and Savior in each of our services
and my grandchildren enjoyed the helicopter egg drop – even if they had to drive to Fremont.

No comments: